Winners in the student competition
The Collegiate Student Safety Technology Design Competition (SSTDC) gives young scholars from Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America an exciting opportunity to design, build, and demonstrate a cost effective conceptual scale model of a vehicle safety technology. Eight student teams were invited to ESV2015 and presented and displayed their prototypes. The winner and runner up were announced during the closing ceremony.
The winner of the 6th Student Safety Technology Design Competition (SSTDC) is Technical University Berlin “Developing a Pedestrian Airbag for Secondary Impact” and runner up is the team from Stanford University “The Obstacle is the Path: Designing a Pop-Up Obstacle for Vehicle Collision System Testing”.
The team finalists for the 24th ESV Conference in Gothenburg, Sweden were:
- KoreaTech University
- Shibaura Institute of Technology
- Chalmers University of Technology
- Technical University Berlin
- Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft des Saarlandes (University of Applied Sciences)
- University of North Texas
- Stanford University
- University of Alaska, Fairbanks
For details regarding the teams' prototypes, see Student Competition.